What is Gap Insurance or Guaranteed Auto Protection or Guaranteed Asset Protection?
GAP Insurance is designed to financially protect you in the event of a total loss due to Fire, Accident or theft. We have products available for cars, light vans, commercial vehicles up to 44ton, motorcycles, motorhomes and driving school vehicles.
In the event of a total loss this will pay the difference between the motor insurer’s settlement and the outstanding balance owing to the Lease Company. Provides cover for up to 5 years. Single premium policy.
Our GAP products meet the latest ABI recommendations.
This is a BIBA approved product for GAP Insurance.
This policy is designed for companies operating 5 or more UK registered vehicles, it is not restricted to new vehicles or vehicles on finance/lease/contract hire agreements. We will cover cars, vans and trucks up to 44 tonnes as long as they are under 10 years old at inception and are comprehensively insured.
In the event that your vehicle is the subject of a total loss this product will pay:
25% on top of the motor insurer’s total loss settlement figure OR
The difference between the motor insurer’s total loss settlement figure and the outstanding amount owing to the finance/lease company.
Whichever calculation is the greater (up to an agreed sum insured).
Top Up GAP
In the event of a total loss this will pay you an additional 25% on top of the total loss valuation provided by the motor insurer. Annually renewable policy, allows for transfer of vehicle.
Agreed Value GAP
In the event of a total loss, this will pay the difference between the motor insurer’s settlement and the agreed vehicle value. The agreed vehicle value will be the current Dealer Retail Price for your vehicle which we will obtain from Glass’s Motoring Guide at the point of application
Remember, if you buy the Gap Insurance through us rather than a motor dealer, you save a massive 14% in Tax.
We now offer various annually renewable excess insurance policies including:
• Motor Excess Protect. Reimburses your excess following a fault claim.
• Multi Motor Excess Protect. As above but covers all cars registered at your home address.
• Lifestyle Excess. One simple policy that will reimburse your non recoverable excess on the following 5 main policies: Motor, Home, Travel, Pet and Private Medical Insurance.
• Fleet Excess. Designed for companies running up to 30 vehicles (cars or commercials).
• We now offer Motor Breakdown for cars and commercial vehicles.
• Supported by a leading breakdown provider
• UK and European cover available
• Vehicle home start