This is the privacy notice of Bargate Holroyd Insurance Brokers (FCA registration number 307696), registered office: 8a High Street, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6AL.
Bargate Holroyd Insurance Brokers is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Bargate Holroyd Insurance Brokers may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 15th August 2018.
What we collect:
We may collect the following information:
- Personal data which you provide to us, either in person, via our website, email or telephone – such as vehicle details, business activities, travel plans, home details, convictions or health information.
- General information including name, contact information and date of birth.
- Historical claims/convictions history
- Financial details, i.e. bank details
We also collect information from publicly available sources and third party databases made available to the insurance industry for the purposes of reducing fraud and financial crime as well as any other third party databases where your personal data may be held, provided such third parties have lawful bases on which to share such personal data with us.
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with an adequate service to meet with your requirements and more specifically for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- For the purpose of ascertaining your insurance needs and requirements
- For the processing and administering of your insurance policies
Who we may pass your personal data to:
We may need to pass your personal data onto other companies, which may include the following:
- Insurers, intermediaries and third party service providers in order to arrange and administer your insurance requirements
- Certain firms who provide administrative and processing services to us, for example IT systems, finance and auditing services
- Organisations who have a specific role laid out in law, such as statutory and regulatory authorities.
- Other organisations where we have a duty by law to disclose your personal information, for example, if we were to receive a valid request from the Police or third party organisation in the interest of preventing and detecting crime.
- Credit reference agencies to check your credit status/history. This check will be recorded on your credit reference file and may be a hard or a soft credit check, and as such may have an impact on your credit file, please request further information upon credit application.
- Third parties whom we may use to recover money owed to us or to whom we may sell your debt
Bargate Holroyd Insurance Brokers will only store your data for as long as is necessary to comply with the requirements of your insurance contract(s) and any legal obligations and/or any lawful processing conditions which may exist as a result.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information which we collect online.
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is statistical data about our users browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer.
Links to our website
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not use any of your personal information in connection with any marketing or research either from ourselves or any third party.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under General Data Protection Regulation. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Bargate Holroyd Insurance Brokers
8a High Street
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be erroneous.